At the end of the day, all we desire is an enviable figure and good health. However, lack of time or laziness to go to the gym is the common problem that keeps us away from regular workout.
Will, you not make any excuses and workout regularly if you’re provided with a treadmill or other exercise gear? Now you would have another excuse ready – the limited space. You don’t have to live in the palace to own a good quality compact & portable treadmill. When space is a major constraint, especially if you’re passionate about working out – compact treadmills come into the picture. They are inexpensive, lightweight, and not to forget portable too. This makes it easier for an individual to place them in the tightest living space of the home.
Based on the above-mentioned factors, often people dig the pit for themselves by choosing the cheap treadmills. But, these low priced treadmills later land you in trouble by breaking down in a few months, or shake and make annoying noises. Hence, it is recommended to do the homework on your part before choosing the new compact style treadmill to walk or run in the privacy of your home, regardless of the space.
If you’re looking for a sturdy and traditional compact treadmill with the latest features, the following is the list of best folding treadmills for small space. The convenient design for home use helps you achieve your fitness goals. The models listed below with all pros and cons have been reviewed by fitness experts based on factors such as dimensions, maximum weight capacity, top speed, motor horsepower, incline range, and of course, the price.
- 1 Things to Consider While Buying a Treadmill
- 2 Basic Buyer’s Guide for the Best Treadmill for a Small Apartment
- 3 10 Best Folding Treadmills for Small Space
- 3.1 NordicTrack T 6.5 Si Treadmill
- 3.2 ProForm 400i SMART Performance Treadmill
- 3.3 NordicTrack T9.5 S Treadmill
- 3.4 ASUNA SpaceFlex Auto Incline & Folding Treadmill
- 3.5 T202 Horizon Treadmill
- 3.6 NordicTrack 8.5 S Treadmill
- 3.7 Titan Under Desk Walking Treadmill
- 3.8 SpaceWalker Compact Folding Treadmill
- 3.9 LifeSpan Fitness TR3000i Folding Treadmill
- 3.10 Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill
- 4 Conclusion
Things to Consider While Buying a Treadmill
So, you’ve finally decided to buy a treadmill. That’s a good decision. No more, you have to skip the gym, and it will be easier for you to stick to your running workout. Treadmills play a vital role in burning fat and calories. They are a great start to cardio and helps improve mood and energy levels. That said, before you go out and invest in a treadmill, there are some important factors to be considered. Follow the below-enlisted factors to make an informed and wise decision.
- PRICING – The first factor that everyone takes into consideration is pricing. How much is your budget? Everyone has their set budget range, and it completely relies on how serious you are for your exercise. Treadmills usually range from $500 to $3000. While you shop, look for rebates, sales, and promotion offers – they make a huge difference in the pricing. Also, keep in mind the warranty offered by the manufacturer. While most treadmills last for years, if you do rigorous workout daily, ensure that the investment is justified.
- SPACE – Next comes in the row is space considerations. How much space you have, and where will you store the treadmill. In such a situation, it is recommended to opt for foldable and portable treadmills. These treadmills save a lot of space. The foldable treadmills are a great option for small spaces because you can pull them out easily and use them right in your living room whenever needed. If you have a small gym at your home, they are a great option. The foldable treadmills also allow you to use the same space for other workout activities.
- STABILITY – When you shop for the treadmill, ensure to give it a try by standing on it. From an ergonomic perspective, building a treadmill varies from one another, and you must feel good and natural while walking on it. Also, take into consideration the type of belt as well as the deck system. Feel the impact while you run, for this can also change the level of cushioning. Since there are so many factors, you just need to get in there and try it before making the final decision.
- SPEED AND INCLINE – The speed and incline abilities the treadmill possesses is the next factor that needs to be considered. This will give you an indication of what all types of workout you can perform on the treadmill. Likewise, testing the treadmill for stability just put the treadmill to maximum speed and inclines and see how it performs. Ensure that you feel smooth at all levels. If you feel stuck or uncomfortable to use, think again. Think about what you hope to progress and whether you’ll achieve with the speed and incline.
- WARRANTY/DELIVERY & SET UP – Manufacturer’s warranty is one thing that helps you determine the quality of the parts as well as the treadmill. It is advised to look for a lifetime warranty for the frame and the motor; it should be at least 10 years. Generally, electronics such as treadmills come with a warranty of 5 years, and the parts and labor come with a warranty of 2 years. Prior purchasing, enquire about the cost of delivery. Assembling the parts also requires help, so enquire whether the service is included or not.
- CUSHIONING – If you think that you’re going to run regularly on the treadmill, choose the one that goes up to 10mph or higher. Ensure that the running pad is shock absorbent, and the belt does not shift as and when the foot strikes. Do you know?? The quality of the workout is directly proportional to the horsepower of the driving motor. Therefore, it is a recommendation that you should know the horsepower as well as the motor specifications before you finalize the treadmill purchase.
- WEIGHT – This factor is the most important amongst all. If you are a bulky person, the treadmill should be capable enough to accommodate your weight. It is wiser to subtract 20 kgs from the realistic figure, as mentioned while looking at the user weight rating. However, there are treadmills that can easily manage a capacity of up to 135 kgs when it comes to weight.
- RETURN POLICY – Who would invest in the treadmill with the intent of returning it after a few days? No One. However, if you know beforehand the return policy, this could help buy the treadmill. Since treadmills are heavy and shipping is costly, the manufacturers can ask the customer to pay for return shipping or restocking fees. Once all these costs are added up, it seems next to impossible to opt for returning the treadmill. Hence always be thorough with the return policy.
Basic Buyer’s Guide for the Best Treadmill for a Small Apartment
- Dimensions when in use and when folded – The quickest way to rule out the foldable treadmill is to check the dimensions when it is open and folded. The biggest advantage of bringing a foldable treadmill in your home is that it will not always have the deck, nor will it come in your way.
- Quality Construction – Do not compromise on quality when it comes to the quality of the treadmill. The treadmill can sometimes break, shake, vibrate, or fall apart if not purchased from a good brand. Choose the treadmill from a reputable company for daily use. Always select the treadmills that come with a warranty.
- Length of the Treadmill Belt – There lies a balance between compact size and the length of the treadmill belt. The larger the belt, the more room you’ll have for the workout. However, most of the treadmills are built in a way that the user is comfortable using it. However, if you are above 6’, the treadmill belt should be 55” long.
- Myriad of Features – Along with taking the above-mentioned factors into consideration, Also know a certain amount of quality features. Based on the same, choose the best treadmill for your apartment. The compact treadmill you choose for your personal use should have basic features such as easy controls, fans, built-in workout programs, and workout data.
10 Best Folding Treadmills for Small Space
Based on your needs and budget, it is you who determines the best treadmill for your personal use. While some people look for high-tech treadmills packed with features, there are others who look for a space-saving treadmill. With the latter feature in mind, we have created the list of best foldable and portable treadmills with all their pros and cons. This will help you to easily compare and see which one is highly suitable for your home.
NordicTrack T 6.5 Si Treadmill
The first in the list of best folding treadmill for small space is the NordicTrack T 6.5 Si. The most affordable treadmill is 36” wide, by 67.5” long, and 73” tall. These optimized measurements make it the best treadmill for a small home or an apartment. The responsive 10” Smart HD touch screen allows the user to control many of its features just at the touch of the fingertip. To deal with the workout boredom, new iFit workouts for every day have been included. The perks for the member include personalized coaching in activity, exercise, sleep, and nutrition.
- Lightweight – can be easily moved around whenever needed
- Well pierced NordicTrack T 6.5 Si Treadmill is budget-friendly
- The quick response control lets you control the speed and incline
- Complimentary iFit Coach subscription for a year
- It is easy to fold and unfold this treadmill
- As you workout, you have plenty of belt area to enjoy
- Does not have a built-in fan
- Lack of the chest strap that comes with the T 6.5 Si
This is a well made, top quality compact treadmill where you get access to a myriad of the studio and global workouts. You can also keep track of personalized workout data to achieve your fitness goals. Stay in shape without leaving your home by purchasing the NordicTrack T 6.5 Si Treadmill.
ProForm 400i SMART Performance Treadmill
The smallest in our list of best portable treadmill for small space is ProForm 400i SMART Performance. It isn’t as powerful as others down the list, but it is best for those who like doing brisk walk daily. The 50” length is long enough to let you stretch, and the 18” width provides you with a spacious and comfortable elbow room. This Smart Performance 400i helps achieve your fitness goals with trainer-led global and studio class workouts. With just the touch of a button, you have complete control over your workouts. The 7” Smart HD touch screen keeps you determined and motivated.
- Protected with 10-Year Frame, 2-Year Parts, & 1-Year Labor Warranty
- Great for light jogging and brisk walking
- Conveniently fold the deck up & out of the way
- Each belt has been tested one million cycles before the release
- Has ProShox cushioning in the deck
- Includes iFit free for one year!
- The size of the belt 18” wide by 50” long is quite small
- Not a good option for heavy running or serious training
No longer have you had to wake up early to go for a walk in those chilled winters. The most affordable compact treadmill lets you exercise with personal trainers in the comfort of your home. With all the functionalities you need, ProForm SMART Performance 400i must purchase if you want to enjoy brisk walking.
NordicTrack T9.5 S Treadmill
The highest-priced in our list of compact treadmills under the bed is NordicTrack T 9.5 S Treadmill. With impeccable features, the price is justified. The most compact treadmill is 35.5” wide, 78.9” long, and 59.4” tall. These streamlined measurements and 3.6 CHP DurX Commercial Plus motor make it the most powerful compact treadmill. Such power lets you tackle the toughest workouts while you make speed and incline adjustments. The space-saving design comes with EasyLift Assist. When folded, the measurement of the treadmill is as follows: 35.5” wide, 39.6” long, and 81.2” tall.
- Protected with 10-Year Frame, 2-Year Parts, & 1-Year Labor Warranty
- Access to a wide array of personalized exercise programs
- The T 9.5 S has Bluetooth audio capabilities
- The compact treadmill is easy to fold and unfold
- Comes equipped with a multi-speed fan
- Comes with a large touch screen that is easy to watch workout videos
- Equipped with powerful motor highly suitable for all kinds of workout
- It is highly-priced, but at the same time, features make it justified
- Lacks the wireless chest strap
This treadmill and its features make it a perfect exercise gear for home use. It can be folded and kept away, thus saving a lot of space. Once it is ready to use, you can practice any of the 50 workouts that come pre-equipped.
ASUNA SpaceFlex Auto Incline & Folding Treadmill
The relatively large in our list of best folding treadmills are ASUNA SpaceFlex Auto Incline & Folding Treadmill. The running deck equipped with shock absorption technology is comfortable & minimizes the impact on joints. This superb small motorized treadmill has 12 levels of incline with which you can increase the intensity of your workouts. The 6” bright LED screens on the console display calories burned, steps taken, duration, incline, distance traveled, and heart rate data. The treadmill also can display the imperial and metric units. Finish the workout, fold the treadmill, and save space.
- Use the on-console USB port to charge your device
- The large tablet holder allows you to use your device
- For support and safety, added handrails and deck rails are included
- Option to create 3 customized ones, and 8 built-in workout programs
- Can be folded to almost completely flat
- Extra transport wheels for easy transportation & rolling
- 8mph is the maximum speed range
- The maximum weight capacity is 220lbs
The best-in-style treadmill can stand upright by a wall or other surface, thus saving a lot of space in your home. The low-profile, foldable treadmill comes with a 5-year structural frame 180 days other parts and components warranty. What are you waiting for? Invest in an ASUNA SpaceFlex Folding Treadmill with Auto Incline and get in shape and live a healthy life with the best treadmill for small apartments.
T202 Horizon Treadmill
The most affordable in our list is the T202 Horizon Treadmill. The perfect combination of prices and features is what makes it stand out amongst the competitors. When open, the basic dimensions are 34” wide, 75” long, and 58” tall. This treadmill comes with a 20” W * 60” L belt, thus giving you ample space to exercise on. The extended 60’ deck with shock-absorbing 3-zone cushioning provides support in walking, jogging, and running. The 2.75 CHP motor is ultra-quiet, thus making no noise at all. Pick up the pace with extended training.
- Light-weighted, can be easily moved to and fro
- Secure device holder, enjoy your music & entertainment
- Use the on-console USB port to charge your device
- Can be folded, and you easily roll it away out of sight
- The motor provides a solid workout regime to walkers & joggers
- To churn more calories, do use its incline range
- The fans are incapable of providing proper air circulation
- Meant for light walking, jogging, and running
- Not good for intense workout training
The Horizon T202 Treadmill is popular due to its unbeatable quality, durability, and value. It’s time to add more power to your workout regime with extended training and the larger motor that makes NO noise. For those living in tight quarters with not so good neighbours, it is an excellent choice.
NordicTrack 8.5 S Treadmill
The middle one in the NordicTrack’s T-series of the treadmill is NordicTrack 8.5 S Treadmill. The great priced great treadmill is both foldable and compact with very little cushioning in the deck. The 10” HD Touch screen comprises in-home studio lessons and showcases workout databases. To deal with the workout boredom, new iFit workouts for every day have been included. The 12% incline and 12mph max speed provide you with a chance to do an intense workout. When fully open, the treadmill is 78.5” Long x 35.5” Wide x 59” High. The console also includes a fan with multiple settings options.
- The running platform is extra-long 22” wide * 60” long
- 50 preloaded programs that are free to use for the first year
- Many training challenges with 12% incline and 12mph max speed
- Protected with 10-Year Frame, 2-Year Parts, & 1-Year Labor Warranty
- Highly suitable for rolling hills or HIIT training
- SMART response motor for walking, jogging, and light running
- Lacks the heart rate chest strap
- Not at all suitable for heavy training
With a touch screen as big as an iPad and impressive clarity, you’ll surely love the walking and hiking tours on this treadmill. The narratives will surely kill boredom during the workout. All-in-all, this is a fantastic option for those of you looking for a compact as well as a well-built treadmill for an intense workout at a great price.
Titan Under Desk Walking Treadmill
As the name suggests, the Titan under Desk Walking Treadmill is the perfect treadmill placed under the desk. The compact treadmill under bed helps you comfortably reply to emails while you work out. The portable treadmill measures 65” Long x 25” Wide x 8” High. You can easily fold it and put it back in storage when not in use. It is highly suitable for tall persons due to the belt size of 53” which is 5” longer than the shorter model. This little giant is the answer to all your cardio workouts.
- Large walking room due to wide track
- Compatible with the standing desks
- The handy console allows you to adjust and track speed
- Comes with a safety key that can be tucked in the shirt
- The compact and lightweight treadmill weighs approximately 114 lbs
- Treadmill goes up to 4 mph
- Do not have upper arms for support
- Not designed for running purpose
- There is No pause function button
To work out together, you have the best option to choose – the Titan under Desk Walking Treadmill. The treadmill is ideal for small spaces. You can place it anywhere – be it your apartment, workstation, or at home. Stop giving excuses and start living a healthy life by investing in this compact electric treadmill. Give your family also a chance to live a healthy lifestyle.
SpaceWalker Compact Folding Treadmill
The all-new ultra-compact treadmill that looks a great piece of furniture when folded is SpaceWalker Compact Folding Treadmill. You can use it as a standing laptop desk or an upright table. It also serves as a bench or table. This solid walking machine is a powerful giant to support the person who weighs up to 300 lbs. The bright red LED screen displays speed, time, distance, calories burned, and pulse rate. When not in use, the treadmill can be fully assembled in the box and can be locked in both folded as well as an open position.
- Built-in hand pulse sensors
- Ultra-compact folding with user-friendly buttons
- No assembly is required since it’s already assembled
- Speed Range – 0.5-4 mph and 15″Wide x 39″Long Walking Surface
- When folded, it is 11” Long x 22” Wide x 45” High
- When assembled – 48” Long x 22” Wide x 45” High
- It still has many challenges
- There is no cooling fan
- The desk size is small – only a laptop can fit in it
Solid piece of quality goods, which is easy to move and packed. Amongst all the fitness machines enlisted here, it is the most versatile. It can be used as a regular treadmill and is both foldable and portable. It is reasonably priced, easy to use, and all assembled for instant use.
LifeSpan Fitness TR3000i Folding Treadmill
The most powerful and highly customizable exercise tool is LifeSpan Fitness TR3000i Folding Treadmill. This sturdy, lightweight machine is feature-packed such as five healthy living programs & weight loss routines, seven sports training programs, and two heart rate control workouts. 15 incline levels are included in the motorized ramp. The commercial-grade TR3000i’s 2.75 CHP motor comes with a lifetime warranty. An EZ-Drop System is for easy storage and space-saving. When folded, it occupies only 39″ x 33″ of floor space. This nifty little treadmill is available at a reasonable price.
- Entertaining workout with smartphone plugged in
- A large colour touch screen display
- Compression shocks on the deck for minimal impact on knees
- 3-speed cooling fan for a fresh breeze
- Free LifeSpan Active App to keep track of your progress
- The capacity of up to 350 lbs. of body weight
- The exercise area for taller runners is not enough
- The heavy users might feel less sturdy while doing the workout
If looking for a feature-filled, reliable & customizable fitness machine for your home, choose LifeSpan’s TR3000i. The powerful motor, incline, and preset workouts are enough for anyone and everyone in the family to bring back their body in shape with running and jogging. Overall, it is highly recommended by users. When not in use, you can easily fold it back with zero effort.
Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill
If you’re an entrant in the world of workout, including walking, running, and jogging, Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill is best for home use. Available at an affordable price, this foldable machine saves space and is petite enough to fit in your home. It is highly valuable for shoppers looking for a basic machine for occasional use in the home. Key specifications include 50” Long x 16” Wide; it comprises a 2.25 HP motor and attains a top speed of 10mph. Six preset workouts are included.
- By far, the low price is the most attractive feature
- Six preset workouts are good enough for a newbie
- It can be folded, and the deck can be moved in the vertical position
- There are 2 adjustable incline positions
- Great cushioning and shock absorption
- A pulse rate measuring sensor is in-built in the console
- The workout area is tiny
- Since the belt is thin, it makes a lot of noise
- The incline has to be adjusted manually rather electronically
- The warranty for the treadmill is short, with a motor warranty lasting only a year
Compared with other treadmills enlisted above, this treadmill is great for beginners and who workout occasionally. You can safely jog and walk for hours on it and control all adjustable options. The fitness programs are designed by professional trainers. Based on your fitness goals, you can choose any.
From the above-mentioned discussion, it is clear that the features of each treadmill vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Hence, we need to be extra careful when planning to invest in machines such as treadmills. While you consider purchasing the best folding treadmill for small space, it is highly recommended to go through the reviews posted by the users for all machines. With these reviews at your disposal, you’ll succeed in making a wise decision of which treadmill you should purchase.
Buying a treadmill is a lifetime decision, for it involves a huge investment. There are a lot of factors that need to be taken into consideration. We hope you will gain valuable insight into evaluating the best portable treadmill for your home or apartment. There are available, so many brands and models to choose from and come to the conclusion.